The Catskills region in upstate New York offers lush greenery, stunning sightseeing, and plenty of outdoor adventures that draw in thousands of campers annually.
If you are planning a camping trip to the Catskills, finding the right campground is key to an excellent camping experience. Thankfully, the region is home to many exceptional campgrounds eager to provide you with a memorable vacation in the Catskills wilderness.
In this guide, we are covering everything you need to know about riverfront campgrounds in the Catskills. From traditional tent sites to RV and glamping options, the campgrounds outlined in this guide give you a wide range of features and experiences to choose from.
Keep reading to discover your new favorite camping destination in the Catskills!
Where are the Catskills?
The Catskill Mountains sprawl across southeastern New York State, offering a haven for campers.
Renowned for its vibrant forests, cascading waterfalls, and serene lakes, the Catskills region boasts diverse terrains that are ideal for hiking, fishing, and stargazing. The region’s tranquility, coupled with a tapestry of outdoor activities, makes it a prime destination for campers seeking to connect with nature.
The Best Riverfront Campgrounds in the Catskills
When it comes to breathtaking riverfront campsites in the Catskills, it doesn’t get better than Covered Bridge Camping. Located just over two hours from New York City, Covered Bridge Camping is a world-class fly fishing site offering premium yet rustic getaways for outdoor lovers.
Spread across 26 acres of natural campground beauty and surrounded by 500 acres of the Catskill Forest Preserve, Covered Bridge Camping has everything a camping and nature enthusiast could want.
At Covered Bridge Camping, you can choose between three main experiences:
- Tent Sites: Covered Bridge offers both creekfront and off-creek campsites to meet a variety of different guest preferences. These campsites are affordably priced and designed to provide you with the best possible camping experience. Covered Bridge also offers secluded pines and island sites for maximum privacy during your trip.
- RV Sites: For RV enthusiasts, Covered Bridge offers several RV sites complete with 20 or 30 amp electric and water hookups. Both creekfront and off-creek RV sites are available, ranging from $45 to $55 per night, though rates can vary depending on the total number of guests and the time of year you are visiting.
- Glamping Sites: Enjoy the comfort of a furnished vacation rental in the seclusion of the Catskills wilderness with Covered Bridge’s Boheme Retreats glamping sites. Currently, there are six renovated campers available for rent at Boheme Retreats, each equipped with cozy beds and bathing facilities. Covered Bridge’s glamping sites are available to rent via Airbnb.
Aside from Covered Bridge Camping, there are several additional riverfront campgrounds in the Catskills region to consider visiting. Here are eight of the best campgrounds in the Catskills:
- Hudson Valley Riverfront Camping: Hudson Valley Riverfront Camping is located at the intersection of Steen Road and Red Mills Road in Wallkill, NY. This campground offers private and waterfront campsites for guests to choose from.
- Taino Woods Sanctuary: Taino Woods Sanctuary offers a unique riverfront experience in the Catskills based on the traditions and healing practices of the Lenape and Munsee peoples. This sanctuary is located in Harris, NY, off Big Woods Rd.
- Neversink Hideaway: Neversink Hideaway is a primitive camping location found on the edge of the Never Sink River. The campground is located between Fallsburg and South Fallsburg in New York, offering both tent and RV sites for campers.
- Upper Esopus Creekside Camp: Upper Esopus Creekside Camp is a campground located in Big Indian, New York. This campground is an excellent choice for campers with friendly dogs, as the campground provides off-leash-friendly campsites.
- Majestic Farm & Organic Orchard: Majestic Farm & Organic Orchard is a campground and farm in Mountain Dale, NY. Rather than traditional campsites, this campground offers rustic, tiny-home-style camping cabins for guests to enjoy.
Book Your Stay at Covered Bridge Camping Today
For an unforgettable camping adventure in the Catskills, Covered Bridge Camping is your ideal destination in the region. Along with offering a wide range of camping experiences, Covered Bridge also provides exceptional customer service, bathroom facilities, and dishwashing stations.
Covered Bridge Camping is open May through October for camping, with seasonal RV sites available as well. Check-in at Covered Bridge is between 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., and checkout is at 12:00 p.m.
The campground is located at 68 Conklin Hill Rd. in Livingston Manor, NY.
Get in touch with the Covered Bridge Campsite team today to book your stay!
You can easily view available sites and make your reservation online on the Covered Bridge website, or call (845) 747-5677 for more information.